Omar Gómez Quiñones, MD
Specialist in oncological surgery
My name is Omar Arturo Gómez Quiñones and I am a surgical oncologist.
I completed my specialties in general surgery and oncological surgery at the University of Monterrey, culminating in 2018 and 2020 respectively.
Certified as a specialist in general surgery by the Mexican Council of General Surgery, 2017 – 2022.
Certified as a surgical oncologist by the Mexican Council of Oncology, 2020 – 2025.
I have experience treating cases of thyroid, cervical, skin, ovarian, colon, endometrial, lung, and testicular cancers.
I specialize in colon cancer surgery and head and neck cancer surgery.
- Sentinel node biopsy
- Breast biopsy by labeling
- Surgery of cysts and complex tumors
- Total colectomy
- Partial segmental colectomies
- Trauma esophagectomy
- Segmental esophagectomy with intestinal or gastric interposition
- Partial esophagectomy
- Total esophagectomy
- Total gastrectomy
- Extended or radical total gastrectomy
- Subtotal gastrectomies
- Laparoscopic hemicolectomies
- Hemithyroidectomy with or without cystectomy
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Subcutaneous mastectomy with prosthesis insertion
- Subcutaneous mastectomy for gynecomastia
- Radical mastectomy with axillary emptying
- Simple mastectomy
- Post mastectomy breast reconstruction
- Post mastectomy breast reconstruction with expanders
- Total thyroidectomy with radical neck dissection
- Total or subtotal thyroidectomy
- Breast lumpectomy with axillary emptying